The lockdown measures coming into place could not come quickly enough. The sooner they happen, the sooner we can get through this. And yes, there is light at the end of the tunnel — the travel market will pick up again.
But here’s what’s happening in the tunnel from a technology perspective:
There are multiple media reports (see BRW’s report here) recently that the number of cyberattacks have increased dramatically as cybercriminals take advantage of the disorder around them. Here are five preventative measures to help you secure your data and your client’s data during this time of change:
- Only open emails and documents from trusted parties.
- Only access trusted websites. This is particularly important these days with all of us eager to access the latest information regarding COVID-19. Unfortunately, there are many malicious sites with cybercriminals taking advantage of this.
- Enable 2FA (2 Factor Authentication) for your newly working-from-home staff to ensure no unauthorised logins.
- Remember to deactivate login access for any staff who have left the business.
- Use complex passwords and regularly change them.
Naturally, the sooner you can implement these measures, the safer you’re making your business.
This article originally appeared in The Travel Daily on 27 March 2020.